Interact with the security community
CanSecWest, the world's most advanced conference focusing on applied digital security, is about bringing the industry luminaries together in a relaxed environment which promotes collaboration and social networking. The conference lasts for three days and features a single track of thought provoking presentations, each prepared by an experienced professional and talented educator who is at the cutting edge of his or her field. We give preference to new and innovative material, highlighting important, emergent technologies, techniques, or best industry practices.
The conference is single track, with one hour presentations over the duration beginning at 9:00 a.m. The registration fee includes the catered meals, and there will be a vendor display and lounge/eating area, where wireless internet access will be available (as well as in the speaking theater). The conference discount hotel room booking system can be found here.
Some agenda announcements:
- Presentations announced so far to be scheduled (more announcements and abstracts coming shortly):
- Copernicus 2, SENTER the Dragon - Xeno Kovah, John Butterworth, Corey Kallenberg, Sam Cornwell; MITRE
- All Your Boot Are Belong To Us - Corey Kallenberg, Yuriy Bulygin, Andrew Furtak, Oleksandr Bazhaniuk, John Loucaides, Xeno Kovah, John Butterworth, Sam Cornwell ; from Intel and MITRE
- Outsmarting Bluetooth Smart - Mike Ryan ; iSEC Partners
- The Real Deal of Android Device Security: the Third Party - Collin Mulliner , Jon Oberheide ; Northwestern University, Duo Security
- Hacking 9/11 - The next is likely to be even bigger with an ounce of cyber - Eric Filiol ; Operational Cryptology and Virology Lab EISEA
- No Apology Required: Deconstructing Blackberry10 - Zach Lanier, Ben Nell ; Duo Security & Accuvant
- USB Flash Storage Threats and Threat Mitigation in an Air-Gapped Network Environment - George Pajari, HCIS
- ROPs are for the 99%: A revolutionary bypass technology - Yang Yu a.k.a. "tombkeeper"; NSFOCUS Labs
- Advanced Exploit Detection - Haifei Li, Bing Sun ; McAfee a.k.a. Intel Security
- Intelligent Use of Intelligence: Design to Discover - Ping Yan ; OpenDNS
- Concurrency: a problem and opportunity in the exploitation of memory corruptions - Ralph-Phillipp Weinmann
- The Art of Leaks: The Return of Heap Feng Shui - Tao Yan "ga1ois" ; NSFOCUS Labs
- Exploring RADIUS - Brad Antoniewicz ; Foundstone/McAfee/Intel
- Revisiting iOS Kernel (In)Security - Tarjei Mandt ; Azimuth Security
- Combating the Advanced Memory Exploitation Techniques: Detecting ROP with Memory Information Leak - Stanley Zhu and Chong Xu ; McAfee
- Platform Firmware Security Assessment with CHIPSEC - John Loucaides, Yuriy Bulygin ; Intel
- Less is more, Exploring code/process-less techniques and other weird-machine methods to hide code (and how to detect them) - Shane Macaulay ; Ioactive
The PWN2OWN rules for this year will be announced shortly, and the Google folks have come up with a $2.71828 million prizes allowance for Chromium 4 at CanSecWest.